Monday, June 20, 2011

beads. headbands. bags.

Well if you read the last post you now know I have plans to be back in Ugandan for Christmas. I can't stay away from this place. These kids have taken hold of everything inside of me, and they aren't going to let go. I have such a peace about being in this place. If you are a Carpenter's Way member you heard me talk about this possibly being long term. Well I am here to say that I feel more than called to be in Uganda. This is my heart. Nothing has been more clear to me.

I have received so much support from every one of you. Whether it has been in prayer or financial ways. They are equally important! I cannot thank you enough for the all the blessings you have provided.

Here at Amani there are Ugandan women working here called the "mamas" and they make the most wonderful things from necklaces to purses and bags to headbands. Some of you have seen the bead necklaces they make. I will post pictures soon. They also make handbands which are in most of my pictures on Facebook and some of them make bags or purses. You can buy most of these things in the shops in town, but I would much rather support these women! They are some very talented ladies!

Now I would like to fundraise by bringing back these beautiful pieces of work these women have made by hand. I have already purchased some things from them, but I am going to continue to buy. Most of you know I sold t-shirts to fund my trip this summer. I will bring back an assortment of things to fundraise with. I wanted to get the word out now to see if people might be interested in buying so I could see how much and what to buy! If you are interested at all just message me on facebook or tell my mom :)

Once again I would love for you to support these women and myself in prayer and if possible financially.

Love you all very much and can't thank you enough for what you have already done. You are all such a huge blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment